With Lookup Helper, one of the top use cases is the ability to categorize your records by the following dimensions:
- Zip Code
- Time Period
- Lead Source
When we say categorize, we mean to group your transactional data into often used grouping for ease of analysis. This unlocks much improved usability for your managers and individual contributors as they can now easily see an aggregated picture of things right from a Salesforce record. Once you establish categorizations such as those listed above (e.g. for example, you have setup Lookup Helper to automatically populate a Region custom lookup field on the Opportunity object), you can then use our other product Rollup Helper, to create rollups up to the parent object.
For example, drilling further into the use case of categorizing opportunities source / child records by region. You can then calculate the following with Rollup Helper without creating any more reports:
- How many opportunities have been won in this region?
- How many opportunities have been lost in this region?
- How many total opportunities are there in this region?
- What is the win rate in this region and how does it compare to other regions?
- What is the total value of won opportunities in this region?
- What is the average deal size of opportunities won in this region?
The beauty of all these rollup fields / metrics is that you can easily put them onto the region page so that people can easily navigate to the region record and see all these metrics without having to go hunt and find the report(s) that provide this information. Users can easily just click from a child record into the parent "categorization" record to get a higher level / aggregate view of things.