Problem: Salesforce doesn't offer standard or customizable business rules on what contacts you need to have defined when a contract is put into place. For example, it is possible to create a contract, but not have any contract contact roles or the correct contact identified for a contract.
- Create a # of Contacts number filed on the Contract object.
- Create a rollup setting in Rollup Helper as follows:
- Parent Object: Contract
- Parent Field: # of Contacts
- Source Object: Contract Contact Roles
- Source Field: Choose ANY field
- Filter: Create a filter if you want to optionally filter the child records that are countered.
- Schedule: It is mandatory to create a scheduled rollup for this object.