- Visit the Lookup Helper page on AppExchange.
- If there's any issue with the link, go to the AppExchange website and type "lookup helper" in the search bar at the top of the page. When the result comes up, hover over the app image and click "More").
- Click the "Get It Now" button and then choose an option for logging in, if you haven't logged in already.
- Once you're logged in, you'll be prompted to install Lookup Helper in Production or in Sandbox. Once you've made your choice, please read and accept the terms and conditions and then hit the "confirm and install button" (you may be prompted to log in again for verification).
- Next, you'll see an overview of the package details. Click "Continue".
- On the next page, you'll approve the access permissions that components in the package have to your Salesforce environment, then click "Next".
- Choose the security level that best fits your needs. This decides who has access to the Lookup Helper Menu tab. Everyone will still be able to run your defined lookups even if they don't have access to the Lookup Helper package. For most clients, the recommended option is Grant access to all users.
- Your package is now ready to install! Enjoy!
- Provide Access to the administrators that should have access to this application (see the managing licenses section below).
- To open up the application, go to top-right of the window, click the Application drop-down tab and then select "Lookup Helper" from the list of applications.
The AppExchange does not always have the latest version available. You can access our latest release from the following links:
If you purchased the Lookup Helper Premium Edition, your installation steps were provided in your activation email.
If you need assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
All sandbox upgrades and subscribers on the Rapid Release track are upgraded automatically. For more information on our release tracks, please review our feature release process.
You will need to associate your available Lookup Helper licenses to Users in your organization by performing the following steps:
- Click on your name, select Setup
- Click on Installed Packages in the App Setup section.
- From the Installed Packages screen, click on the Manage Licenses link.
- Click on the Add Users button.
- Select the checkbox next to the users you want to access.
- Click the Add button.
- You will now see a screen showing all users who have been granted a license to Lookup Helper. You will see the status of your licenses, when they expire, the allowed total number of licenses, and how many you are using.
After completing the installation of Lookup Helper, we highly recommend assigning users who will utilize it to the Lookup Helper permission set. This will give them full access to all of the functionality and data they need in order to make proper use of Lookup Helper. It will also ensure that as pages are changed over time, there will be no need to manually update each individual profile.
To do this:
- Go to the top of the page and click Setup
- On the left side panel, under Administer, open the Manage Users list and click Permission Sets
- Click on the Lookup Helper - All Permissions permission
- Click Add Assignments
- Check the boxes next to the users you'd like to assign to the set (the ones that will use Lookup Helper)
- Click Assign
- You're all done!
Permission sets allow you to group together desired permissions and add or remove them to individual users as opposed to having to change the users' profiles. You can also use permission sets to extend permissions to users across different profiles.
For instance, if you needed to set permissions for employees who conduct interviews, but the 'interviewer' title applies to users with different profiles and so on, you could create a new "interviewer' permission set containing the needed permissions and then assign those users to the permission set, or remove them as necessary, all without having to change user profiles.
For more help with Salesforce permission sets, take a look at the Permission Sets Salesforce Documentation.
Learn Lookup Helper
If you would like to learn more about how to use Lookup Helper, visit our Training Site for available resources.