Product Launch Project Management in Salesforce
Launching a new product starts with an idea, then has to be vetted, developed, produced/distributed, marketed, and sold. This process requires company-wide collaboration and may also include working with multiple vendors. Keeping track of the entire process to ensure a successful launch can be daunting.
Create a Program in Salesforce using Milestones PM+ with Projects for each business unit involved. At the Program level, the Gantt chart in Salesforce will show the health and timeline for each team’s Project allowing cross functional collaboration and planning.
Customize the Program to include any analytics that are meaningful to your business and add any report charts that will give upper management or key stakeholders a clear picture of how the launch is progressing.
- By using Lookup Helper, you can automatically relate your Projects to any other Salesforce standard or custom object. If your teams are using Cases or Work Items for example, you can relate them to the Project.
- Adding on Rollup Helper will allow the aggregation of any Project Data.
- Product Marketing Manager/Marketing Team may want items in a Project such as:
- Market Research
- Competitive Analysis
- Sales Enablement
- Market Intelligence
- Demand Generation
- The Research and Development team may need items such as:
- Prototype Build
- Prototype Testing
- Design Iteration
- Taking advantage of Chatter on Projects, Milestones or Tasks will provide a vehicle for quick and easy cross functional collaboration.
- Create templates from those Projects for future use to automatically create new Projects for the next new product launch.
- If you are interested in using Stage-Gate® methodology, please check out our blog: Stage-Gate® Projects With Milestones PM+
- In Lightning, you can view all of your Project Tasks in a Kanban view to help your teams prioritize work.
|Managing Opening New Locations with Projects in Salesforce||Milestones PM+ Use Case Library||Using Templates for Automatic Project Creation in Salesforce with Milestones PM+|