If you have a need to automatically assign child records to the owner of the parent record, look no further for a solution! With Lookup Helper you are able to set a custom or standard user lookup field for a record automatically by referencing information available on a parent record.
Steps to create Lookup Helper Setting:
- Select the child object you would like to assign to a user automatically.
- Select the user lookup field you would like to automatically populate.
- Select the 'Relate child object when the value in a field matches the name/id of the user' Lookup Helper setting type.
- Select the parent lookup field (containing the '>' at the end of the field label) that contains the owner you would like to assign to the child.
- After selecting the parent lookup field select the user lookup field on the parent object.
- Save the setting.