In order to retain high quality new hires and accelerate the time it takes to have the new hire up and running, key steps must be completed in a timely manner. Some steps will apply to all employees such as new hire paperwork, drug screens, and education or employment verification. Other steps may vary by department, role, geographic location or whether they work in an office or remotely.
Use Milestones PM+ and its template engine to create a Project in Salesforce for each new hire so that no steps are missed and ensure the successful on-boarding of your new hire.
When creating your project templates, you may want to consider using Milestones to group Tasks together based on when they need to be completed or create any necessary predecessor/successor dependencies.
- For example:
- You may have required paperwork that has to be completed before the new employee’s start date because the offer is contingent on items such as passing a drug screen, background check or education verification.
- There may be key items to complete on the first day such as id verification, system access, facility tour, etc.
- Training Plans may include the trainer setting expectations and providing resources. The Milestone for training may have defined dates for when the training should be completed by the new hire.
Using Risks will help you keep track of potential issues that could occur for this project and any contingency plans that need to be in place if the risk is highly probable or highly impactful. Implement a risk management assessment and mitigation tracking processes for one or all of your important projects.
- For example, retaining talented or highly qualified employees. If onboarding tasks are not being completed in a timely fashion, the new hire may have a bad impression of the company and resign. This may cause the company to lose a valuable resource as well as cause increased time and expense hiring and onboarding a replacement.
Using templates to automatically create new projects with all of the necessary Milestones and Tasks will ensure consistency in your onboarding process.
- You may consider using different templates for each different type of:
- Learn how to create templates from our Template Training Guide.